The origins of A. link Co. predate 1900. Mr. Adolph Link, son of a Viennese goldsmith, came to New York City in 1894. Growing up on New York”s lower east side, he met the youngest daughter of a rabbi, Anna, whom he married in 1912. Adolph apprenticed as a platinum jeweler with Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels. His wife”s diligent work enabled him to purchased raw gold and platinum to fabricate his own designs along with Fifth Avenue”s greatest craftsmen.
In the early 1940”s Adolph”s two sons joined their father in his business. Seymour becoming a jeweler and Marvin apprenticed as a diamond cutter in antwerp. It is from these two trades that A.Link derived its reputation as a dealer in the finest made diamonds and a manufacturer of traditional diamond jewelry. Having championed diamonds manufactured to uniform standards during times when this was not in vogue, A. link has consistently sold diamonds of the same make for well over a century. We call these stones “60/60″”s, a term which refers to their table and depth percentages combined with good/ excellent symmetry and polishing.
Whether choosing diamonds for their own jewelry, or do so America”s most prestigious retailers, A. Link & Co. has set the standard. Specializing in sizes that others have neglected, our small diamonds are the finest made diamonds manufactured in the world. Regardless of color or clarity, each stone is fabricated to the same specifications. When selecting matches for stones, one pointers are given the same consideration as fifty pointers.
A. Link”s commitment to excellence extends into the diamond jewelry they manufacture. Each piece is assembled painstakingly with quality A. Link”s only concern. Classical or modern, A. Link”s designs reflect the tastes of America”s leading jewelers, confident in the knowledge that nearly a century of service has preceded it.